From the tiny monastery at Rhongphu the view of Qomolangma (Mt. Everest) is absolutely magnificent as it stands alone at the head of the valley - a walk or drive to Base Camp brings you even closer.
Day 01: Arrival and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Fly to Gongar Airport, Lhasa. (3658m) - 1 hr. Drive to Lhasa City - 90 mimutes.
Day 04: Lhasa.
Day 05: Lhasa.
Day 06: Lhasa.
Day 07: Gyantse (3,950m) - 8 hrs.
Day 08: Shigatse (3,900m) - 3 hrs.
Day 09: Sakya (4,050m) - 6 hrs.
Day 10: Rombuk (5,000m) - 5 hrs. Everest Base Camp Trek (5,200m).
Day 11: Lao Tingri (4,390m) - 4 hrs.
Day 12: Dhulikhel - 6 hrs.
Day 13: Kathmandu.
Day 14: Kathmandu.
Day 15: Departure day. Transfer to Airport.
NOTE: Tour to Lhasa can be added in this tour and trek
Please note: The published itinerary is a statement of intent and to be used as a guide only. The guide in charge of your trip will alter the schedule if conditions necessitate and any/all such alterations are at our discretion and your guide. You can book a private departure for dates that suit you or we can tailor-make a tour to fit your dates & interests. Private departures (minimum 4 travelers) available April to November.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Breakfast. (common rooms and common bath in Rombuk and Tingri)
- Transport as per itinerary
- All airport transfers
- Sightseeing as per itinerary, entrance fees to Monasteries
- English speaking interpreter/guide
- Tibet entry permit
- Personal expenses such as drinks, postage, laundry
- Lunch & Dinner
- International flights and departure taxes
- Chinese Visa and passport fees
- Travel insurance
- Emergency evacuation
- Tips and gratuities
- Costs arising from unforeseen events outside of our control (e.g. Landslides, strikes etc.)